New Orleans House Project

Friday, March 22, 2013

Nudging Grandmother Along

It's been one of those weeks where family and work take a higher priority than usual and little sewing is accomplished.  Even though Fabric Therapy is oh-so-important, sometimes it just has to wait!

I did finish 3 more blocks in the Grandmother's Choice BOW.  These blocks (24-26) were straightforward and fairly easy to assemble.  I tried to incorporate some of the lesser-used fabrics from the stash I had assembled for this project, which started with Alice's Washday Blues as a foundation.  I wish I could find some more multi-color, largish prints featuring the colors of red, blue and brown I've chosen.   There doesn't seem to be much out there that's not dainty prints, or the blues are more of a teal than the indigo-type blue I'm using.  I'm not running low on fabric, but it would be nice to have some more choices to work into the project!