New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happiness Is . . . An Orange House!

Time for another sharing Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I always look forward to seeing what surprises the RSC participants have in store for their monthly indulgence in a particular color.  March has been the color orange, and I think there are still a good number of fun projects to be seen over at Soscrappy's blog, so do take a look!

As for me, I'm still inspired by orange houses in New Orleans.  The photo makes the house look a little more salmon-y than orange, but it is indeed an orange house!

I remembered I had this orange and blue batik fabric in my stash, so out it came to make a happy scrappy house.  I think this is my favorite house block so far - it just makes me smile!

The weather here is rather dismal today:  foggy, gray and rainy.  I think I'll go play with my basket of orange strips and make my own sunshine!



14 comments:

  1. Love that house block! After I get a haircut I hope to play with my orange scraps also. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue and orange batik house is just so lovely. We have bits and bobs of sun now and then here--so orange is a great livening up for our day, too. Have fun...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange houses! Both of them. And your orange fabrics scraps.
    One more week of yummy orange. I wonder what the next color will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your oranges!! The house is an interesting one!!! Love your little batik house - it makes me smile, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is pitiful enough for a great sewing day. I always look forward to the colorful homes you post from New Orleans. I have no doubt, you will be able to fill up the whole year. I envy your orange basket...my orange stash is barely there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of lovely orange (and blue) houses there Angie, and that basket of orange scraps is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your weather was still warmer then at my house. We had a big snow storm here Thur, then cold. Love the little orange house and the blue shutters. So cute. Love your blue orange house block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the orange with the blue...both in the "real" house, and in your quilt house. Beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! I love seeing your houses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It makes me smile, too. I look forward to your houses almost as much as I look forward to finding out the new color each month. I can't wait to see what the new color will be and the houses that you share with us. Indeed as Katie said, Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one intense orange house (in real life)and yours is adorable! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great orange house - I wonder how it would go down with the neighbours if I painted my house that colour? Your blue and orange house is beautiful I love that fabric so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute house and house block!
    love the look of those log cabins blocks too wee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes! I love your house!!! I have some of that blue fabric :*) Very bright and spring-y and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete