New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happiness Is . . . An Orange House!

Time for another sharing Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I always look forward to seeing what surprises the RSC participants have in store for their monthly indulgence in a particular color.  March has been the color orange, and I think there are still a good number of fun projects to be seen over at Soscrappy's blog, so do take a look!

As for me, I'm still inspired by orange houses in New Orleans.  The photo makes the house look a little more salmon-y than orange, but it is indeed an orange house!

I remembered I had this orange and blue batik fabric in my stash, so out it came to make a happy scrappy house.  I think this is my favorite house block so far - it just makes me smile!

The weather here is rather dismal today:  foggy, gray and rainy.  I think I'll go play with my basket of orange strips and make my own sunshine!