New Orleans House Project

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slow Down Stitching

I find myself with several hand-stitching projects to play with and wonderful fall weather to enjoy some outdoor stitching.  It's a perfect combo for slowing down and relaxing now that the heat of summer has passed - not to mention the worst of hurricane season!

This is a completely hand-stitched project - a doll quilt featuring Lemoyne Stars and some well-aged Robyn Pandolph fabric.  All the stars are pieced, now I just have to join the blocks and strips, then add the borders.  I'm excited to see this one coming together!

This baby is in the process of having the binding hand-stitched.  My niece asked if I would donate a quilt for a fund-raiser she is holding, so I need to finish this one soon and mail it off to her.  I really love this quilt, but I'm happy it will be used to raise money for a worthy cause. 

I'm going to link up with some more hand-stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts and then head outdoors to enjoy some gorgeous weather and relaxing stitching!