Earlier this year, I finished making all the string blocks needed for the quilt - 144 blocks, to be exact. Since my design wall was empty this week, I decided it was time to start assembling the star blocks. The 144 individual blocks get assembled in sets of 16 to form a star. So far I've completed 4 blocks - leaving 5 to go!
Each star block is 32 inches, making it difficult to photograph them on the design wall. Instead, I spread them out on my dining room floor. BTW, not every fabric in my string blocks is shirt fabric - I also used some novelty fabrics related to my dad's hobbies, etc.
Of course, once you put quilts on the floor, the dogs have to come and help out! My golden retriever/English lab mix McKenzie was the best helper; Bailey, the black lab mix, was a little less enthusiastic about helping!