New Orleans House Project

Friday, May 27, 2022

Just a Few Green Scraps

 I haven't cheated on my devotion to UFOs...these Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects were all completed earlier this month. 😀

The RSC color(s) for May were sage and forest green.  

I have been making two Blackford's Beauty blocks each month, one in reproduction fabric scraps and one in bright modern fabric scraps.  I decided to just make the reproduction block this month.  When the RSC focus is on bright greens I'll use the modern green scraps for another block.

Most of these scraps came from making Stars in a Time Warp blocks and from a Halloween table runner that still needs quilting.  Oh no - two more UFOs!

 

I did pull some sage and forest green scraps from the modern fabric bins to make 2.5 inch squares for checkerboard blocks.  I only made two blocks, but will make more when the RSC focus is on bright greens.

 

While I was digging through the scrap bins, I went back and pulled scraps in previous 2022 RSC colors and cut those 2.5 inch squares as well.  Now I'll have plenty of leader-ender blocks to stitch up as I'm working on other projects.


 

See?  They work up just that quickly!