I started with a rummage through the bin of 2.5" strips and blocks. It was easy to make six 9 patch variation blocks just from scrappy pieces in the bin. I still need to make two more blocks, but I'm off to a good start.
Just for fun, I laid out all the 9 patch blocks I've made so far this year!
As luck would have it, my local long-arm quilter, Cindy Braiwick, finished my green Trip Around the World quilt this week. This quilt will need MILES of green binding! I'm thinking I may need to make a scrappy binding for this - just to keep up the plan of using up older green fabrics on this quilt.
I also consulted my Fabric Collection to see if there were any green fabrics calling out to be used up. I've been collecting fabrics with doll images for a number of years, but I have yet to cut into any of them. This one is technically not dolls, but it reminded me of the paper dolls I played with as a girl.
I pulled a bunch of fabrics from stash that might (or might not) go with the ballerinas. My dream is to make something fairly simple, along the lines of Happy Zombie's Patio or Terry Atkinson's All About Me -i.e. squares and rectangles of the feature fabric and all the complementary fabrics. There may not be enough time to get this idea off the ground this month, but it's still fun to think about!
It's linky Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so there will be lots of ideas to fire up green dreams of your own!