New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 16, 2015

RSC 15: Scrap Jar Stars in Repro Greens

This week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge project was to make two Scrap Jar Stars in reproduction green fabrics.  I have really enjoyed making these stars using a distinctly "un-modern" approach to color and fabric!

And since the design wall was empty, I pinned up all the previous Scrap Jar Stars to admire.
  
(Click on the picture for a larger view)
I was planning to make the usual Scrap Jar Star pattern, with sashing and cornerstones to create a secondary 9 patch where the blocks meet.  After looking at the blocks arranged this way, though, I might just do a straight  set without sashing and enjoy the secondary 4 patches at the intersections.  Time and inspiration will tell!

There's lots more green, scrappy inspiration at Angela's Soscrappy blog today, so join us in celebrating scrappy quilts!



14 comments:

  1. Awesome stars. I like this layout too. I need to make some stars instead of thinking about making them. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this layout with the little square showing as the secondary design. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stars Angie. And I love the little 4 patches in the secondary design. You might find you prefer the sashing once you have them all made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the four patches where the squares come together is my favorite part. It looks so fresh and crisp with the white framing square. Adding two more squares around the outside edge when you do the border would really finish things off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a lovely groupiong of those stars--you do such nice work, Angie. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how this is turning out. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks are gorgeous as is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way, your stars are great. (I vote for no sashing)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Scrap Jar Stars are superb, I love they way they look together and how the four-patch corners look too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the look of this setting! Gorgeous blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those blocks. I'm thinking they don't need to be sashed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi smiling girl! The green stars have such contrast. Great choices in fabric! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stars! I like the secondary pattern without the sashing. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete