New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Organized for Road Trip Stitching

I tote hand stitching supplies and projects back and forth to our camp on a regular basis.  
I've been using a see-through plastic food storage container for about a year.  It's handy, but everything rolls around and gets disorganized when I pack it in my tote bag.

I wanted to make something that would help keep my supplies a little better organized for travel, so I searched online and studied all kinds of ideas and patterns.  I eventually settled on the Road Trip Case by Anna Graham - aka Noodlehead.

I already had all the required supplies in my stash, including a zipper and some clear vinyl.  The pattern also calls for double fold bias tape, but I just made my own.

The case has a large, see-through zippered compartment which is perfect for holding all kinds of little stitching accoutrements.  The opposite side has 4 fabric pockets with velcro closures.  I attached some felt pieces in the center for needle holders.

I'm pleased with how this project turned out.  My sewing stuff is better organized and isn't rattling around in a plastic box!  I'd definitely make the pattern again - the case would be a great gift item.  A version with two clear zipper compartments would be great for organizing supplies for English Paper Piecing!
 


7 comments:

  1. I love it. I will have to check out the pattern. Was it difficult to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is perfect for traveling! Lovely work on this one!! (I am "Green" hahaha with envy apol0gies to RSC!!) hugs and have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice case. My things always roll around in my plastic case, too. I'll look at the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Enjoy your trip (sorry, I'm reading multiple posts at once, trying to get caught up).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Good for you, I'm still using a plastic bin...might need to try something like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so cute...I would get a lot of use out of that... Love it. Hugs mary

    ReplyDelete