New Orleans House Project

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Stars in a Time Warp: Finally Caught Up!

I have finally caught up with all the Stars in a Time Warp blocks.  Mother's Day provided an opportunity to spend most of day sewing, so I had a little stack of 4" stars as my Mother's Day present!
From top to bottom:  ombre' prints, conversational prints (a weakness in the collection - I'll be watching for more of these fun fabrics!), chrome yellow, purple, paisley and over-dyed green (L) and green calico (R).   If you want to see a closer view of the fabrics, click on the picture for a larger version.
The latest Stars in a Time Warp fabric color/style is called California Gold - a chrome orange or yellow in fine lines on a white background.  I happened to have a couple of these in my stash, so it was easy to make two blocks this afternoon.

I have not yet attempted to play with any block arrangements.  Every week Barbara Brackman offers new suggestions on how the blocks might be set and every week I change my mind about what I want to do with my stars.  

I have been keeping tabs on all of the Stars in a Time Warp blog links using my favorite quilt catalog program - Evernote.  OK, actually Evernote is a great program for keeping track of all kinds of things, not just quilts.  The best part about it is that it syncs across all my electronic devices: computer, tablet and smartphone.  I can access my "notes" from just about anywhere!  If you're interested, I wrote a more in-depth post about it here.  I'm finding it handy with the Stars in a Time Warp blog entries, because I can go directly to the blog entry I want to review without having to scroll through numerous blog entries to find it.