New Orleans House Project

Friday, May 29, 2015

Finish Your Veggies!

I did a little happy dance earlier this week when I finished a quilt that has been a WIP for far too long!
The fabrics are from a collection by Kathy Hall for Andover Fabrics which was released in 2008.  The designs are woodblock prints made with vegetable-based dyes.  I started piecing the quilt in late 2011 and put the finishing stitches in the binding this past weekend.
My local longarm quilter, Cindy Braiwick, used an all-over paisley-like design.
I didn't get a great photograph of the quilting, but I thought you might like to see the backing fabric, a beige background with gold-ish script handwriting.
The finished quilt only measures 54" x 54".  I wish I could've made it bigger, but I didn't have any more large pieces of fabric to make the snowballs.   The pattern is still available on the APQ website - it's great for showing off fabrics without cutting them into small pieces. 

The good news is I have lots of scraps,
including a bunch of bonus triangles, so there's definitely another Vegetable Dye quilt in my future!








9 comments:

  1. so experimental! Let's see, eat them or use to dye, eat, dye....
    LeeAnna
    eating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish! Those fabrics are so rich looking or should I say yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish Angie!!! Doesn't it feel wonderful to knock one off the UFO list? And to have scraps left to play with as well? Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting this finished. Now, do you feel like coming over and finishing off some of mine? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quilt! love the soft pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the finish and have fun with those scraps!

    ReplyDelete