New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 13, 2015

RSC 15: Mid-Year Evaluation

We're already at the half-way point of the year - how did that happen? The monthly RSC colors and blocks have been flying by, but progress on last year's RSC quilts has stalled.

The June RSC color is light blue.  I checked my current stacks of RSC blocks and decided the color blue is well represented, so I'm going to focus on some of last year's projects. 

Last year's Carpenter's Wheel quilt top has been waiting patiently to be quilted.  I tidied up the loose threads on the back and prepped the backing this week.  It's now in the hands of my local long-arm quilter and I'm looking forward to seeing her creative input!

Next up - last year's Rainbow Scrap Sampler.  I was able to arrange the blocks on the design wall last year, but didn't have time to piece them before I needed the design wall space for another project.  I took them down in order and made notes to remind myself of the piecing plan.  I'll be using white sashing between all the blocks; everything is ready to go - I just need to get started!

I was hoping to start last night, but I wound up puppy-sitting for my oldest son's new buddy.  This is Moose - named in honor of one of his favorite baseball players.  He's a rescue pup, about 8 months old and not well-house-trained yet.  I really had to keep an eye on him last night, which was not conducive to sewing.  Oh well, he and I bonded - which is probably a good thing because I'm sure I'll be doing more puppy-sitting in the future!

I'm linking up with the other Rainbow Scrappers over at Angela's SoScrappy blog today.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to at this mid-year point!
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the way that you put the entire rainbow into that center Carpenter's Wheel block! It really adds a special spark to the quilt. Looking forward to seeing what kind of magic your long-armer makes with her needle and thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Carpenter's Wheel blocks are just beautiful. I think the center Rainbow block is my absolute favorite. Seeing it quilted will be so much fun. Looking forward to seeing the sampler blocks sewn together. Looks like your notes will keep you headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Carpenters Wheel!! That's a hard pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carpenter wheel blocks make a beautiful and colourful quilt. It will be good to see last year's RSC quilt top put together to. The rescue puppy looks lively but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That carpenter wheel block is stunning. Love the middle as it ties it all together. I can't wait to see how she quilts it. Good luck with the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The carpenter wheel blocks look fantastic together, especially the centre block in different colours to pull it all together. Cannot wait to see what magic the quilter comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Carpenter's Wheel is gorgeous! The scrappy squares make a perfect border. Have fun stitching up your sampler blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing what setting you use to show off all those rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved every single time you showed the Carpenter's Wheel blocks last year. But WoW, what a great quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Carpenter's Wheel quilt - especially love how you have all the colours of the rainbow in the central block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the quilting on the stars. It really is special. Moose is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting the carpenters wheel quilt done and off to the long arm quilter. Always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Carpenter's Wheel quilt is gorgeous, and using the entire rainbow of colors in the center block is absolute genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Carpenter's Wheel quilt!
    I'm trying to finish up on a RSC quilt from 2013 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have our son's 14 mo. old puppy for 2 weeks -- she's also a rescue (and thankfully pretty well house broken). That said, she is not conducive to stitching for any length of time either - playing fetch or tug of war is much more up her alley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omgosh that wheel! Gorgeous, really. The puppy... so cute with those black and white feet. Go ahead and bond... and if you're going into the pupsittingbiz Cole could use a few days away from us. Oh, you are way too far away more's the pity. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG is right. Your quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that Carpenter's Wheel quilt top is gorgeous. I like the added touch of the multicolor center. No design wall here...just a design floor...but I gather my blocks together just like yours but use a clothespin instead of a clip. I think I like your clip idea better but I always have clothespins on hand and not those clips.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Carpenter's Wheel, and the multi colored block in the center. I'm doing Dresden's this year, and if I decide to set them on point, I will need an extra, and was thinking of multi-colored for that. Now I see how nice it could look!

    ReplyDelete