New Orleans House Project

Saturday, April 25, 2015

RSC 15: A Few More Purple Scraps

It seems that this has been a week of prep work rather than actual sewing.  That's OK, because now I'm ready to power through some WIPs. 

I confess I didn't have many purple scraps in reproduction fabrics.  It was fun to seek out some repro purples for this month's Scrap Jar Stars blocks.  

I made some time for blog reading and coffee sipping before starting the day's activities and I was inspired by Marly's purple scissor cases.  I pulled some purple scraps and made one up quickly.  I didn't get the instructions exactly right, but I'll know better next time.  I also think I need a better purple button, but that will have to wait until the next trip to Hancock's.  If you need a scissor case of your own, the instructions are by Dawn Cornell at the Moda Bake Shop.

Lots more purple inspiration may be found at Angela's Soscrappy blog!





15 comments:

  1. These blocks are really nice--they look large sized -- nice...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a good Mother's day present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scissor case is too cute. I saw that on Marly's blog too... maybe that will be my reward if I get the graduation top into a top this week =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scissor case is adorable. Of course I love your star blocks because they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on those star blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great star blocks and what a cute case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of purple goodies Angie. I haven't been near a sewing machine for 2.5 weeks and it is Killing me reading all these quilty blog posts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute scissor case! and great star block

    ReplyDelete
  9. purple reproduction fabrics... I'm sure they would have used purples.
    How's it going Angie? Is it warm there? Pretty cold here still but the flowers are coming out! LEeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty purple scraps! I'm loving the scissor case, I had a look at dawns instructions, they seem to be nice and easy to follow, I might just go and have a play! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful post -- have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw that scissor case too and thought about dashing off to make one but then remembered I made a scissor case long ago and never put my scissors in it. But maybe I need a scissor fob instead since I'm usually losing my scissors in between the couch cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely reproduction fabrics in purple this week and your scissor case has inspired me to try and find the time to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those scrappy stars done in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet pattern for the scissor cozy. Love the look of your repro fabrics in in purple.

    ReplyDelete