New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 2, 2021

A Little September Scrappiness

 Yes indeed - it's already October, but I haven't shared my September scrappy stitching.

I'm still playing along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, using Angela's color cues to stitch up scraps into blocks and ultimately into quilts.  September's scrappy color was orange.

I started making Sugar Loaf blocks in January of 2021, with the goal of having enough blocks for the Flashes of Brilliance quilt by the end of the year.  I used the orange bandana print as my starting point for the fabrics in this block.

This one was inspired by the red and orange leaf print.  We don't have much in the way of autumn leaves here in south Louisiana, so this is as close as I'll get to leaf "peeping"! 

I still need seven more blocks, so I may not finish up by the end of the year.  
 
I added the Antique Tiles block to my RSC plans a couple of months ago.  This block is a great scrap buster!
 
I had no orange Easy Breezy blocks in the pile, so I added some of those as well.  I need to play with these blocks and see if I have enough for a quilt.  Maybe this will be a finish by year's end!