New Orleans House Project

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shared Abundance

It's time for another quilt-along with Lori of Humble Quilts!  Her antique-inspired small quilts are always fun to assemble.  It's also fun to see all the quilts that result from the quilt-along, as Lori always hosts a linky party for everyone to show off their finished quilt.  

The latest quilt is called Abundance, and it's so charming I knew I wanted to quilt-along as soon as I saw it.

I really wanted to use reproduction fabrics, but no matter how much I played with fabrics in the stash, the color and print combinations just weren't working out.

As I was digging around in the fabric closet, I found this group of fat quarters that has been aging for an unknown number of years.  I knew these would be perfect for my Abundance quilt, even if they're not reproduction fabrics.  The collection is labeled simply "Moda by Robin Pandolph".  I think these may be well over 10 years old!

I finished Part 1 of the quilt last night.  My late evening photography doesn't do justice to the colors.  I'm looking forward to Part 2, which will be posted tomorrow.