New Orleans House Project

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Stitchin' - Gone to the Dogs - and Cat!

I made some time this week to prep some hand-stitching projects so I could put my feet up on Sunday and relax with some of my favorite pastimes.

Today's main project involves stitching down the binding on the Exotic Star quilt.  It's the perfect activity for keeping my hands occupied while watching the New Orleans Saints play football this afternoon.  Apparently our cat Moxie thought it was also a purrfect activity, as she uncharacteristically jumped in my lap and napped there for almost an hour!

The dogs were also into the mellow vibe - at least for awhile.  Our youngest son came home for Thanksgiving and brought his dog, Jozy.  Jozy is from the same litter as McKenzie (he's her brother) and the two of them  had lots of puppy wrestling all weekend.  All the kids took a break for a few minutes to snooze outside my sewing room while I did some machine sewing earlier today.  From back to front:  Bailey (5 year old lab mix), McKenzie and Jozy.  

It's been delightful to have some slow hand-stitching today.  I'm going to link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching - so go check out what other hand-stitching has been going on in blogland today!