New Orleans House Project

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aqua Granny Square Saturday

It was a sewing deficient week.  I had the fabrics for this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge granny squares cut, but I did not get to sew them together until last night.  I still need to finish two more grannies, but that will have to wait until errands are finished this morning.

Have you seen Barbara Brackman's tutorial for a thread box/pincushion?  She set out to make a reproduction of campaign memorabilia from 1830.  Her inspiration came from a thread box with the image of Andrew Jackson (the hero of the Battle of New Orleans!) on top.  Her thread box commemorates the election of 2012 and features a reproduction fabric she designed at Spoonflower.  I'm going to try creating one of these in the next few days, although I think I will use one of my patriotic toile fabrics for the top.

I leave you with a picture of McKenzie as she "helped" me stitch down binding this morning.  She reminds you to go check out the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge ideas on display at Soscrappy's blog!