New Orleans House Project

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May: 17ufosin2017

Time for another 17ufosin2017 report.  I missed last month's link-up, mostly because I posted my only progress for the month as a link to Audrey's Quilty 365 wrap-up post.  

I'm so glad I pushed myself to assemble all those Quilty 365 blocks into a top - otherwise I'd probably still have a basket full of blocks 5 years from now!  My son came up with the name "Full Circle".   I don't have a timetable for the quilting, but it will happen eventually.

Another of my 17 projects for 2017 was to simply add borders to a scrappy RWB quilt that has been in the making for a year or two.  
The photograph makes the border look very dark, but in person it's a great frame for all those red, white and blue fabrics.  At some point later this year, the top will get quilted and gifted.

Once the red, white and blue quilt was off the design wall, I started pinning up these Sawtooth Star and Uneven 9-Patch blocks.  I've had the blocks made for several years, so it was a priority for me to get them assembled into a top this year.  I still have a lot of stitching to do on this project, but 17ufosin 2017 will help keep me motivated!

Last, but not least, I finished hand-stitching the binding and label for one of my Austen Family Album quilts.  It was gifted to my sister just this past weekend.  I think she liked it!

That's all my progress to date.  It's been very satisfying to check off projects on my 17ufosin2017 list, although there are still some very large projects left to complete!  Meredithe has a linky party over at her blog, pomegranate and chintz, so do check out all the other ufo progress.

14 comments:

  1. Full circle is fabulous! Such a fun quilt along, and it turned out beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe - your sister looks thrilled!
    Your son picked a great name for your full circle quilt! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May has been a very progressive month. Sewing all those small circle blocks would seem very daunting. I love how you kept it simple and let all those different fabrics shine. Blue and white quilts are always a favorite of mine . Your sawtooth star quilt is beautiful. It's always a pleasure to give someone a quilt when you know they really really appreciate it. A great photo of your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful finishes--looks like they will be cherished for sure...your sister looks thrilled...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll and making excellent progress towards your UFO goals this year. I'm slowly pecking away at mine.

    I love the quilt you gifted your sister and the smile on her face says that she does too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full Circle is wonderful ! Such a pretty gifted quilt for your sister. You have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, you get a lot done! And, I adore your "Full Circle" Quilty 365 top. It is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how full circle turned out... and your rwb quilt looks great with those borders. Loving that blue stars quilt..... You are doing great on your UFO challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a lot on your plate! Congrats on a well-received gift! Your sister will enjoy that beautiful quilt for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your circle quilt is amazing. I am sure it is more beautiful in person. I love your sawtooth quilt. You have been very busy. It always feels great to see our projects come to a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making so much progress! Your Austen Family Album quilt is wonderful, such a sweet gift and of course, I'm quite fond of your Full Circle quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Full Circle is the perfect name for that quilt! And the other quilts are all amazing too. You've totally made me feel like a slacker. I better go sew something right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your circle quilt is just so pleasing to look at. I think I like it better than any of the others I've seen. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete