New Orleans House Project

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Quilty 365 Loves Full Circle

I really wanted to have a great outdoor picture of my Quilty 365 flimsy hanging from the railing of our deck in all its circular glory.  Unfortunately, for two weekends in a row the weather was uncooperative and I missed my chance for a full-length picture.  I guess now I'll wait until the flimsy is quilted and try for another beauty shot!

Undaunted, here's an indoor shot of my year's worth of circles.  There's not enough room in my studio to get a straight-on picture, hence my reliance on the deck railing.  The blocks are made up of 30 circles and the sashing is a gray cross-hatch fabric.  The final flimsy measures 77 inches by 90 inches.  I have no plans for quilting just yet, but all those circles definitely send subliminal messages about circular quilting!

Since the last time I blogged about the quilt, I added a final row with the last seven (I added one extra) circles.  


My son David suggested the name after he heard the story of our year-long quilting project and my written journal describing each fabric choice.  I used my computer and printer to get the letters to the size I wanted, then used freezer paper to cut the shapes.  A few dots of fabric glue held the letters in place while I hand appliquéd them.

I folded the quilt on itself so I could get a better shot of the bottom.  Every time I take this quilt out to work with it, I tend to get lost in the memories stitched into each circle.  It was an amazing and fun project and I'm tickled pink to have stuck with it for the entire year!  Sharing the project with a diverse group of people made it special too.  Seeing the breadth of interpretations each month was always inspiring!  Many thanks to Audrey for providing the spark and to all the stitchers who played along!



19 comments:

  1. I think Full Circle is gorgeous and I really like the name. We've had yucky weather for outdoor quilt photos, too -- wishing for sunny and not windy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful --Love the addition of the words--perfect...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's amazing! I love the name and how you incorporated it into the bottom of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out to be amazing. I love how you grouped and set the circles together. But adding the words makes it perfect. All the times and memories stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love your version of Quilty 365!! To me, it looks like a selection of paint palettes. It appeals to my inner organizer. (Surely, she's down there SOMEWHERE in the depths of my personality!!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful...I can understand why the memories would pull you back again and again. That's exactly what I expect to happen when I finally have a finish. I just finished month 8 - I didn't start until September but am loving the experience. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection! I adore this one. I loved reading all your fabric choice stories over the course of the project and the title is just perfect! Great job. I'm sure however you decide to quilt it, it will be sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The light sashing allows the circles steal the show! Love love love the title appliqued!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so hard to find a place to photograph a big quilt, but I think you did pretty good. Congrats on hanging in there and getting all those circles made--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one so much! The circle groupings is a fun touch and I adore the words at the bottom. Perfect touch! Thanks for joining in with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks GREAT! What a finish, and I love the name and bottom strip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Angie! I love the lettering at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing quilt, and I love the name. So appropriate for many of these quilts with circles commemorating births, deaths, and all the various life celebrations in between. Each of these quilts is so special, in design and all the personal meaning each one represents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic name and finish for your circle quilt. Yes, I think some circular pattern is order for the quilting. Makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it with the name!!! What a great idea :) It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I like your layout and the name. I didn't know you were also keeping a journal along with making the circles. Wonderful! I saw some fun fabrics in there when you were making it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The name says it all. Good luck on getting it quilted and have fun along the way remembering each day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very very beautiful top, congrats for your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angie, I think you have the best name!! It turned out great, love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete