New Orleans House Project

Friday, March 31, 2017

March: 17ufosin2017 Progress

My Quilting Muse must have taken a Caribbean vacation this month.  I have not had much motivation to work on any quilting projects, be they new or old.  I did make a little progress on my 17ufosin2017, so maybe seeing that progress laid out here will help inspire me!

My Quilty 365 circles are almost a flimsy.  I stitched all the 30 circle sets together with a narrow, light gray sashing.  I have 7 circles that didn't fit into the block scheme.  My plan is to add another row of sashing on the bottom, then a narrow row of the 7 circles and some words.  The gray sashing will get repeated on all the outer edges of the quilt.  I'm not sure if that will complete the flimsy - the quilt hasn't spoken yet.

I made the continuous bias binding for my Austen Family Album quilt and attached it.  However, I have yet to pick up a needle and start stitching the binding to the back of the quilt.  

March also found me stitching up another batch of string blocks for the Spring Clean quilt.  I now have 2 completed blocks - only 7 left to go!  I've been working on the string blocks on the weekends we go to our camp.  In the interest of speeding things up, I brought home all the strings so I could make blocks on weekday evenings after work - great therapy!  

Having the 17ufosin2017 challenge has helped with the quilting motivation, even if that doggone Muse went on vacation!


24 comments:

  1. love both your quilts--the string stars are gorgeous...just lovely works...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd claim it (if I thought I had a chance of you parting with it!!) It's GORGEOUS!!! I'm wondering how big it has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the circle project is developing! Can't wait to see what it tells you next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow !! That's an amazing work ! I especially love your strips stars !
    Congratulations Angie !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done some great progress on these projects. I really love the string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful circles layout. I do like how you sashed them and your finishing plans. Strings are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Angie, I am shamelessly copying your String Star idea and begun my own...I just really love it...what is it they say, copying is the best form of flattery?? LOL hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you have laid out your circles - much more interesting than if you had just stitched them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about some stripe to go with the circles???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 365 circle quilt looks amazing. I can't believe it's been a whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya on the quilting muse - mine must have wandered off in search of yours, and I haven't heard back from either of them...
    All I have to show for this week is some knitting, and I can't even show THAT because it's gift knitting and I don't want to ruin the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reeally like your simple layout for the 365 circles. It's clean and crisp and easy to enjoy all the different fabrics you used. Then I really really like your string star! I couldn't follow your link. Is it something you've been working on for a while? For having your muse being gone, I'd say you had a good month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So..... if the muse got to go on vacation, did you get to go with? The Caribean sounds fun!! Your circle project is great - and the string star - I LOVE that! Beautiful shades of colors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. neat string star - very interesting and what a lot of sewing!
    the circles are fabulous!! wow!!
    I'm with Kyle - you have had a good month

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those string stars--and not just because they are blue--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Angie 3 amazing quilts here, your 365circles look beautiful love how you have a made them in to a flimsy I think you called it . Your string blocks I'm in love with and the quilting on your Austin quilt is beautiful A wonderful lovely blog to visit today. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking good for someone who's not feeling in the groove! those circles are amazing!!! and the string stars are very cool. i hope the horrible weather missed you. was thinking of you with those terrible reports of wind and rain on the tv.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it looks like a lot of work to me. Maybe your muse works harder than mine! I LOVE the setting on your Quilty 365. So simple, yet so elegant and modern looking. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd say you made great progress on your UFOs. I love the colors in the string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Coming from the 17 link-up, I had to scroll back through your blog. So much goodness - those houses, the little string blocks, the string star quilt with scraps from your Dad's shirt - !!! Fun to find your blog. Hey, the quilting in the border of your album quilt - Is that "just" a freehand flower/ribbon meander, or is it a panto?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes the details just make things tedious! We already have a picture in our mind of how it's going to turn out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've still progressed, Angie and that's the main thing! Hope that Muse comes back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so impressed with your 365 quilt. Love how you've made groups of circles sashed with the grey. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete