New Orleans House Project

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Red, Red March

It's been kind of a slow start for scrappy March sewing.  I'm still not functioning at 100% after a bout with the flu, so everything seems to be happening in slow motion.  After spending the morning getting long-deferred car maintenance taken care of, I managed to spend a few hours playing with the scrap bins.

Working on the red & pink fabric drawer
The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for March is red.  I generally prefer using clear reds as much as possible for my RSC projects, and I found a lot of brownish red and maroon in the scrap bin.  That meant I needed to sort through the red yardage for some "new" scraps.  Sorting was a fun project, as the drawer of red and pink fabric has not been straightened in some time.   

After cutting some new scrappy 2 inch strips, I was able to assemble 2 Windblown Wishes blocks.  It was good to go digging through the red yardage and scraps; some of the fabric bits still floating around my stash are from my earliest days as a quilter!

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge party and enjoying everyone's red inspiration...

10 comments:

  1. Quite productive for coming off the tail end of a case of the flu!! SEW glad to see that you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better--your blocks are so fun--love all the scrappy reds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a while to get over the flu - take it easy as much as you can. Understand what you mean about clear reds (they are my favorites, too). There are a lot of not-clear reds in my scraps . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty reds! That block is a great venue for scrappy colors.
    Hope you continue to feel better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful with these reds !
    I hope you're feeling better...not fun !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks! Glad to hear you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on red blocks should make you feel better. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great block - I don't know that I've seen it before, but it certainly adapts to the scrappy look well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. recovering from the flu sure takes time - hope you at 100 soon.
    Red will be a fun color to work with. Isn't it fun to find those early scrap treasures.

    ReplyDelete