New Orleans House Project

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Multi-color Moves

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month is to use up multi-colored scraps.  Multi-color scraps can be difficult to use in "rainbow" projects, because they don't always have one prominent color.  I've made multi-color blocks for some of my past RSC projects, but this year's blocks don't really lend themselves to the multi-color theme.  No worries, I've got several ideas for finishing multi-color projects that are already underway.

There was not much time for sewing this week, but I was able to get in some fabric therapy last night.  I pulled some multi-color brights from the selvage box and made Rail Fence blocks.  I had to add one not-bright block to make my design wall layout work...

Today we're hanging at our camp.  It's been a perfect spring day - probably one of the last days of wonderful weather before we start with the high temps and high humidity of summer.  All these great multi-color strips were also hanging out at the camp, so I assembled some more lego quilt blocks.  

Tonight my Dear Husband is making Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk for dinner.  It's a new recipe for us - I'll report back.  A little Radio Margaritaville and a bottle of bubbly - celebrating the first week of April is a long-standing tradition!

While dinner is cooking I'll be reviewing all the multi-color inspiration at Angela's Soscrappy link-up.
 

11 comments:

  1. PERFECT projects for MULTICOLORED month!! Please share your thoughts about that chicken dish, as I'm always looking for something new and different to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging out at camp sounds like a perfect spring day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing both projects you've been working on! Your selvage quilt is going to be fascinating - so much fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun selvage blocks! you are the scrap queen. Happy to hear you have nice spring weather for a camp visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these projects, so scrappy & pertect for the multicoloured RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds interesting... let us know how it turns out. Love the selvages. You always have such fun and interesting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your ability and creative thinking to use those selvages. I love family traditions. Glad you've had a chance to enjoy yours once again this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My selvages never look that good...LOL. Love your lego blocks, they will make a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheating here..... answering your email to me AND commenting on your post. First, it looks as though you did find multi-color inspiration. And in doing so, inspired others!! I don’t know if I will get to any multi selvages this month, but once my Scrap X+plosion is done, I`m going to do something with multi strips. It was a toss-up between lego blocks or quarter log cabins, and I think the logs won. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lego blocks are an excellent way to fulfill the multi coloured challenge. They are really eye catching, also the selvage blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhh, I looked at the recipe and am very curious what a 'higher welfare' chicken is?!! HAHA Must be 'healthier'. Sounded different so will await your verdict.

    ReplyDelete