New Orleans House Project

Friday, June 3, 2016

Quilty 365 Loves Flowers that Bloom in the Spring

Another month has passed, so it's time to report on Quilty 365 progress.  I always seem to be several days behind in stitching my circles, although I do choose each day's fabric in a timely fashion.  I've been making circles since early November which gives me a stack of 209 circles so far. 

May has inspired the most romantic group of circles yet!  I was inspired by all the wonderful flowers in bloom this time of year.  One of my favorite flowers - agapanthus, also known as Nile Lily - is having a banner year in the Crescent City, with massive blooms everywhere you look!

Agapanthus in bloom on the grounds of Newcomb Art Museum

This year's month of May contained a Friday the 13th.  I decided games of chance and skill were a good theme for the day! 

My Baby Sister also celebrated a natal anniversary in May.  She has recently re-discovered the joy of sewing.  She bought an embroidery machine and has been turning out all kinds of monogrammed and otherwise decorated tote bags and purses.  She's having a blast with it, so I thought this fabric snippet was appropriate!

I'll probably be the last Quilty 365 stitcher to add my monthly report to Audrey's linky party - but better late than never!





8 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous spring fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your circles and how each fabric is chosen for a particular reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never late with great circles like yours! Beautiful fabrics and wonderful fussy cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful. You are using interesting pieces of fabric for your circles. This is going to be an amazing quilt to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's quite a few circles you've completed. :0) This newest stack does look like spring. I liked your choice for the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower fabric Angie! I like your birthday fabric for your sister too; sometimes it pays to read the text on those "newspaper" fabrics as there's probably a lot of humour there.
    (and you're not the last!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your flower circles. It will be fun to look back and see if the seasons continue to influence choices. And no you are not the last to link...I think I just took that honour...hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete