New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Few More Sawtooth Stars in Aqua...and Napkins

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is still focused on aqua, teal or turquoise - colors that remind me of past trips to islands in the Caribbean!  I stitched up a few more Sawtooth Stars this week, thanks to the parts and pieces I prepped a few weeks ago.
I think I've just about used up all the bits of that brush-stroke aqua fabric in the upper left.

And here are all of this month's stars together.  My current plan is to set all these 4" RSC stars medallion-style, maybe with some bright folk-art applique in the center.

My sewing plan for today was to make some new cloth napkins.  I've been making and using cloth napkins since my boys went off to college.  I try to keep a good stash on hand, but lately my oldest son's dog has been stealing them from the table and chewing them to bits.
The stripe and paisley fabrics had been in the stash for a long time, and I decided I'd probably never use them in a quilt.  The moose novelty fabric was at my husband's request.  My weekday dishes are a brown transferware, so these colors all work just fine.   If you're interested in making your own napkins, a good tutorial can be found here.  Starch is very useful in making crisp mitered corners on these!

Time to go help DH with dinner preparations - we're making pizza on the grill tonight with basil and tomatoes from our garden.  In between preparations, I'll be checking out all the other aqua RSC inspiration at Angela's blog.