New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Aqua to the Nines

It's June and Crescent City weather is heating up.  Already we've had days where stepping out the front door feels like entering a sauna.  For that reason I'm glad the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for the month is aqua.  Aqua is evokes a sense of coolness and relaxation, so I'm going to focus on those qualities when I'm sewing my RSC blocks this month!

 I actually had to attend a job-related activity today, so my sewing time was limited.  Fortunately, I had lots of parts and pieces already cut for some 9 patch blocks, and was able to finish these up quickly.   There are only 3 more colors left to complete for this project, so maybe I'll be able to assemble a 9 patch quilt top before the end of the year.

I know many quilters enjoy listening to audio books or podcasts while sewing - I'm definitely in that number.  My son told me about the podcast Presidential from The Washington Post last weekend and I started listening to it immediately.  I'm only up to the 7th president, but it's been a refreshing alternative to the surreality show surrounding the upcoming U.S. election.

On that note, I'm heading back to my sewing room to see what other stitching I can accomplish before my eyelids get too heavy.  And of course, I'll be checking in on all the aqua accomplishments the other Rainbow scrappers have achieved this week.


16 comments:

  1. beutiful aquas, Angie. This will be a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 patches are a real old standby aren't they. I love the way you have alternated the colour ones with the whites. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soothing AQUA. Your blocks make me want to head out to the fabric store and buy up all of those calming prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The aqua and white are so pretty! I love the way you've laid out those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those nine patches - lots of oomph for such a simple block, eh?
    I'll be checking out those podcasts. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your aqua blocks look soft. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! Definitely cool and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Aqua blocks!!! My favorite color - I'm going to have to find time to play along this month :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your aquas do look refreshing and I'm saying that after thunderstorms dumped over an inch of rain last night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cool aquas in these 9-patches...I like that little pop of yellowish color too hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just looking at your blocks makes me feel cool. They really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, cool blocks! I have yet to get started sewing my aquas, so am particularly loving yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love aqua! Its like a steam booth here too. Thank You Lord for Air Conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty combo of the aqua and white.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty combo of the aqua and white.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, a true sauna when exiting the AC. Love your calming and cooling teal blocks. So simple but stunning. Can't wait to see them all together. I have to add this one to my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete