New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Am I Ready for the End of Green?

We've had almost a month to play with our green scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I've faithfully worked on all my scrappy projects, adding green blocks to each mix.  I've enjoyed it so much I'm not really ready for the month to end.  I've had all kinds of inspiration for green quilts - especially green and white quilts - but not enough time to get anything started.  So many quilts - so little time!

The Sugar Bowl blocks came out to play this week.  I added two new blocks using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
I'm still not sure how well the Kaffe-inspired Sugar Bowls will look with last year's plainer SB blocks, but we'll see how everything shakes out at the end of the year. 

I also managed to do some prep work for the selvage border for the Maverick Stars quilt.  The green selvages will be the centers for square-in-a-square blocks that will be the border.  I need to do the math and figure out just how many of these blocks I need (in multiple colors).

It's been an errand-filled day up til now, so I'm looking forward to some quality sewing time in just a few minutes.  If you are starting to think green and need some inspiration, check out the RSC link-up at Angela's.
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I could easily use another week or so of GREEN... since I've barely begun to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need multiple months of green and blue =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I may be a little 'green' with envy over all of your progress! LOL
    By the way, you've got some really great green fabrics! I like the sugar bowl blocks, the more you make, the more I wish I was making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those sugar bowls, too! And I think the plainer fabrics will just bring out the best in the Kaffe fabrics. You'll be able to tell better when you have a few hundred blocks, right? 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Kaffe blocks are lovely. You should add some more of them in new colors, which will make a lovely addition to the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you seem to be a prolific quilter: I'm impressed! LA Paylor mentioned your work recently, so I stopped by to say hello. I'm also a Louisianan and a Quilty 365 participant, so she's right: we share a few things in common. For me that's an invitation to drop in and kick start a conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitively love your blocks in green...it's one of my favourite color... !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of square in a square selvages for the border. Have fun with the math!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Green is what I have the most of in my stash. I must really like it! Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Green is what I have the most of in my stash. I must really like it! Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is never enough time for us quilters! Love your green blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sugar bolws looks great. Love your idea for the borders, Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your green blocks are bright and cheerful. It sure would be nice to have a few extra hours a day to play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love following your progress on the RSC, especially since I have not been able to play along this year. Love your green blocks - and the selvedge border is going to be perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think all the sugar bowls, no matter what colors or fabrics, will work well together in a totally sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the sugar bowls will all blend nicely in the final quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the sugar bowl blocks and you are making wonderful use of your greens.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool green blocks - i like the sugar bowl - it's sweet :)

    ReplyDelete