New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Green Stitching on the Porch

Who'd a thunk it?  Our amazing spring weather continues - it's cool and breezy this morning - and I'm enjoying some hand stitching on the porch at the camp.  The trees have really leafed out and the magnolias are in bloom, which means there is sweet scent on the breeze.  We have a lot of bird feeders here, so in spring we always have a parade of birds - locals and transients. 
One of our local woodpeckers


This week I pulled out green scraps for some 4" Sawtooth Star blocks.  I use scrappy strips from my 2 1/2" strips/squares box for these.  One block only needs about an 11" strip of the main color. 

I finished up with 6 new Sawtooth Star blocks to add to the collection.   

I hope I'm able to stay outside for the rest of the day today.  Soon summer weather, with its attendant heat and humidity will set in, so enjoying these wonderfully mild days is a priority!  I've got a batch of Quilty 365 circles to stitch, and then some EPP for Barbara Brackman's latest BOW



 

 

16 comments:

  1. Oh your greens are so lucscous looking, perfect for sawtooth stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had about six hours without rain, so that was special. I love all of your playful greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the weather. Starting to feel like summer here... but I think I can get some stitching time on the back porch around dinner time tonight. Your greens are so bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sawtooth stars and a super photo of the woodpecker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stars are gorgeous! Enjoy your spring stitching, before the weather changes. (I lived in Florida for a year. That kind of heat and humidity was too much for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute stars, I like how tiny they are. I might have to try some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks in green because green is one of my favourite colour !
    Lovely bird ! It's spring ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pretty green blocks are so spring-like! We are still having spring here too. This morning it was 48 degrees and hubby had to turn on the heat for a bit! I'm loving it! It's so rare for us to even have spring for more than a couple of weeks anymore - this weather is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More great green blocks! Enjoy your time at the camp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Love those green prints. And those stars! What CUTE little ladybugs : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that ladybug print! At least, I think I still have some. ;-) It's such a cute print that I know I've been reluctant to use it up. (Wonderful stars by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your mild spring weather with your cool shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good use of those 2.5 greens, very bright but cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blocks, as usual! ANd a great shot of the woodpecker. You seem to be really enjoying a springy green May!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this small size!
    great woodpecker - I've seen these at my feeder a lot lately

    ReplyDelete