New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Time for Green Scrap Jar Stars

I made Scrap Jar Star blocks in reproduction fabrics for last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  At the end of the year I decided I didn't have enough blocks for a good sized quilt and planned to make more SJS blocks in 2016.  I've been adding a block whenever the RSC features I color I need for the quilt. 

I definitely needed another green block, so the green reproduction scraps came out to play this week.

I pulled out last year's green SJS blocks so I could admire them all together!

I only need 3 more Scrap Jar Star blocks to meet my goal: red, pink & gold.  It will be good to finally finish all the blocks for this quilt!

I'm thinking I need some new Rainbow Scrap inspiration - a new block or plan to use up more reproduction scraps.  Maybe I'll find The Very Thing at the RSC link-up today.
 


15 comments:

  1. Another block to add to my someday wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - me, too. This block has been on my list for a while now. Maybe next year . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You made me fall in love with green! Gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely GREEN in your SJS blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I'm making these again next year=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stars in green! I need to make mine this week. Are your stars 12 1/2 inches? How many do you think you will end up with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should make piglets!!! 8)
    I love your ScrapJar Stars - I'm looking forward to seeing them all set together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I alway enjoy your scrap jar blocks. Maybe one day I will enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love these green blocks and i can't wait to admire your top done !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no end of inspiration among the RSC bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful colorful blend of green repros.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goody, just 3 more blocks to go! I can't wait to see these all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wee - these are great green blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those blocks! I just bought some yummy greens, hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete