New Orleans House Project

Saturday, February 28, 2015

RSC 15: One Final Pink Project

While enjoying Beach Music and birds at the camp last weekend, I discovered a forgotten project.  During last year's month of RSC pink, I finished a Lemoyne Star doll quilt made with some well-aged Robyn Pandolph fabrics.  That quilt didn't use up all the RP fabrics, so I decided to do the prep work for another doll quilt, this one featuring the Broken Dishes quilt block.  The resulting package of pre-cut HSTs got taken to the camp and forgotten.  When I discovered it last weekend, I knew it would be the perfect project to wrap up a month of pink scrappy playtime!
I was able to sew all the HSTs together during the week and sew the blocks into rows last night.  The scraps were pretty random, so I didn't worry too much about setting the blocks together in any particular order.  I found some scraps from my Austen Family Album project for the border and machine quilted everything today.  I had just enough the the pink RP fabric for the binding.  The final quilt measures 15" x 15".  If I can find something to watch on Netflix, maybe I can get the binding stitched down tonight.

I'll also be enjoying everyone's last day of pink playtime over at Angela's Soscrappy blog - go take a look for some scrappy inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet doll quilt! Such a lovely use of your RP scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! And you were able to finish a UFO to boot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and so soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet and tiny! I love little projects. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice way to use up scraps. Very pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo sweet! I love to make doll quilts, too : )

    ReplyDelete