New Orleans House Project

Sunday, February 8, 2015

RSC-15: Positively Pink!

Pink is the color for February's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, which makes me a happy quilter indeed!  I'm a fan of the color pink in all its radiant glory, so a month of playing with pink should be good fabric therapy.
I managed to sew some 9 patch blocks together.
And I put together parts for more 9 patches after digging through the 2 1/2" strips and squares bin.

Once the 9 patch blocks are finished (I need eight of them), I'll focus on making some Scrap Jar Star blocks in reproduction fabrics.
I don't have a lot of pink reproduction scraps, but I did pull these from the Austen Family Album project.
These repro pinks were in the stash, so I guess I'll be cutting some new scraps to complete my SJS blocks.
And since I had to go to the Quilted Owl last week for fabric for my Austen Family Album quilts, I also managed to pick up a few pink fat quarters.

That has been the extent of my pink playtime so far this month.  There's lots more pink inspiration over at Angela's Soscrappy blog, so if you need more pink fabric therapy, go take a look!
 
 

 

12 comments:

  1. oh nooooo not fabric buying trip! Poor girl...
    I am with you on pink love. It resonates and is comforting at the same time. I don't get people who don't like it's vibration... but more for me and you, lol.
    I like your squares, pink and cream, pink and cream... like strawberry shortcakes, yummy.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Nine patches - Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those nine patches with the white in the middle.Reminds me of ring around the rosie for some reason =). Pretty pinks that came home with you from the last shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of pink but I do love reproductions. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink and your material is so pretty. I have to confess I purchased a couple of pink fat quarters too. Do they count as scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One can never have too much pink in my opinion. Blue was a challenge for me (even though I have plenty of it); I'm enjoying February's scraps much more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great variety of pink scraps. Looks like you will have a wonderful collection of blocks by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nine patches are a nice start, and you do have a lovely bunch of pinks to work with, this week was a gathering of pink scraps for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hooray for pink - love those sweet nine patches

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pink fabrics for February challenges. Have fun playing with all that lovely pinkness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pink fabrics. Sweet little 9-patch blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pinks are all organized and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete