New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pink Epilogue

It's a new month and a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I wasn't quite finished playing with pink, the February RSC color.
I began this small quilt back in June and since it's pink, I thought now would be a good time to finish.  The fabrics are from a well-aged Robyn Pandolph collection.  I had to piece imaginatively to complete the outer border, but I'm happy with the finish.  Now to get ready for some hand quilting!

Angela added one last pink Rainbow Sampler block to round out the month.  I really wanted to make this basket block, so I kept the pink scraps out for one more day.  The basket was easy to construct and I hand appliqued the handle. 
It makes a nice addition to the other sampler blocks for the month!

The RSC color for March is teal, and I'm sure there will be lots of inspiration from all the Rainbow Scrappers over at Angela's blog.



11 comments:

  1. Your pink blocks are wonderful and the little basket just adds so much. You had some terrific pink fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LeMoyne Stars quilt in pink and brown. What size are your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sampler blocks and your LeMoyne Stars quilt. So glad you are planning on hand quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty fabric in your basket block. Glad you were able to get your pink quilt finished up as well, what soft and romantic fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love little quilt with the tan - lovely.
    pretty pink blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn Pandolph creates the most lovely fabrics! That border fabric is scrumptious!!! And the little basket - oo-la-la!!!!! I spent the past few days washing all my aqua/teal fabrics and hope to get my first block done today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous top quilt. I've never heard of Robyn pandolph so I will gave to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink sampler blocks. I chickened out on making the basket. Made a scrappy pink nice patch instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pinks look wonderful! And I'm a big Robyn Pandolph fan.

    ReplyDelete