New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Modern Teal

I've stepped into a new role at work.  I'm very excited about the new responsibilities, but apprehensive about how it may affect my quilting time!  I often try to relax during the workweek by quilting for an hour or so in the evening; I hope I still have time and energy to do that going forward!
Inspired by this month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I pulled this fabric collection (Natural Effects by Michele D'Amore for Marcus Fabrics) from my stash last weekend.  I originally thought I could use it for a miniaturized version of one of several Kaffe Fassett quilts on my wish list.  After further consideration, I changed my mind and decided on a different approach.
After consulting Pinterest for inspiration, I decided this quilt block would be a great way to show off the fabrics.  It was a great quick and easy project for this stressful first week of my new job!  Now I've got twelve blocks completed and ready for sashing.  

I'm off to the Gulf States Quilting Association Show today.  Looking forward to lots of quilt inspiration and shopping!  

Later this afternoon, I look forward to perusing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-ups with a nice cup of tea -- bliss!






13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new role (promotion?) Those fabrics are delicious - I love those shades of teal/aqua with brown. This is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... The blocks are quite lovely with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! Very crisp looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty fabrics. I love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the promotion at work. Hope once you get in the swing of things you have some sewing time to relax during the week.
    Love the block pattern you selected for your fabrics. Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of fabric. I love the block you choose to show off the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful choice of block for your fabrics Angie! Absolutely approve. Congratulation on the new job. I am sure it will all work out for you, its always stressful the first week or so til you find your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The modern teal fabric in that block setting is great. What a great way to showcase the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your modern teal blocks! The fabrics are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the block you decided to make--perfect to show off your beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    Beautiful fabrics and nice block pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the new position! I'm sure it will settle down as you get used to it and you'll find your time for quilting returning in the evenings :) LOVE your blocks!!! You're right - it is a perfect block for those yummy fabrics :) Enjoy your day today!!!

    ReplyDelete