New Orleans House Project

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pink Wheel Keep On Turning

Pink wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin', rolllin', rollin on the river!

I hope you will forgive my word play this morning, but that song kept running through my head as I assembled the rows for my pink Carpenter's Wheel block!
I stitched the final rows together this morning, and went outside (yay - we have sun today!) for some al fresco photographs.  Pink was a great Rainbow Scrap Challenge choice for February - it really helped fight the winter doldrums!
Pink and Blue enjoying a few moments of sunshine.  Seeing these two together makes me happy, as I think I finally have the block construction process fine tuned.

Some additional pink fabrics were sliced and diced this week for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler.  

And I created some architectural elements to go with my 16 patch blocks.  Many scraps were put to good use!

As always on Saturdays, I'm linking up with the other Rainbow Scrappers over at Angela's blog.  See you there!






15 comments:

  1. Those carpenter's wheels are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song! Your blocks look great. Wonderful way to use up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree your carpenter blocks are stunning, but I like the others also. You do have nice fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carpenter wheel blocks are fantastic. What a lovely quilt they will make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome carpenter wheels (and great take on Proud Mary)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you figured out the perfect procedure for your carpenter wheel block. What a beauty! It will almost be sad to say goodbye to pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bits and pieces, and your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty carpenter wheel blocks. What size are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Carpenter Wheel blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yea for pink!
    love the carpenters block

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I love that song!!! You put a smile on my face this morning for sure :) Love those carpenter wheels too - wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very effective and thanks for implanting the song in my brain!
    leeAnna
    Not Afraid of Color!
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your carpenter wheel blocks, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the blocks are lovely and match your song. how big are they??

    my song has been "another one bites the dust" and "its five o'clock somewhere"

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, those carpenter's wheel blocks are fab, that will be an amazing quilt

    ReplyDelete