New Orleans House Project

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Playtime in Pink

We decided to make an impromptu visit to our camp this morning.  I didn't have any Rainbow Scrap projects organized to take with me, so I just grabbed bags of scrappy pink strips and stashed them in my carryall.  It was still chilly and cloudy when we arrived at the camp, so I got to spend some time playing with pink scraps.
First up, I found some pink 2 inch HST blocks hiding in my collection of crumbs.  I had to make a few additional squares to create a block, but it was quick work using 2 inch strips and the Easy Angle ruler.  This resulted in a 6 inch block (finished), so it will work in with the other Rainbow Sampler blocks.

My next inspiration was just to make some 9 patch blocks with different color variations.  These were all made from 2 1/2 inch strips/squares, so they'll also fit in the Rainbow Sampler.
Happy to see these "low volume" scraps used up!
This block could've been constructed with all squares, but since I had strips, I used that technique.  For a 6 inch block (finished), use five 2 1/2 inch blocks and two 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch strips.  

More pink playtime can be found at Angela's blog, where the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge participants are showing off their inspiration!




12 comments:

  1. Great pink blocks. I love the triangle block. You have a good start on the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of your pinks. I love that you are making the extra blocks the same size as the sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very pretty fabrics in your pink blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pink! So perfect for this month.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely additions to your sampler stack. So pretty in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for pink! I never get tired of it -

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink, it is such a fun color to add to quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blocks and you must have had some great bags of pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being so well organised that you could lay your hands on a bag of pink strips at such short notice. You have some very pretty blocks there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pink fabrics. And you are so organised!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the variations of your blocks, and especially the way you used rectangles in the last block :) Your pinks just sparkle!

    ReplyDelete