New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Juiced on Orange

Did I mention I have been feeling smitten with the color orange?  That orange and white color combination has been calling my name all week.  I scooped up all my orange fabrics and scraps, along with a nice chunk of white fabric and have been cutting pieces in preparation for an orange and white quilt.  Nothing to show yet, but I'll give you a taste of more of the oranges in my stash.

Orange Greek square #1

Orange Greek square #2

The fabric in the outer corners is a pale pumpkin color - yummy!

I love each of these fabrics!  Can't wait to see them in the orange and white quilt!

As I've been working through the orange fabrics, I've also been cutting leader-ender pieces for Bonnie Hunter's latest L-E project:  Spoolin' Around.  I've always wanted to make a spool quilt, and thought this was a great way to get one made.  Who else is playing along?

Don't forget to stop by SoScrappy's blog to see more orangey inspiration!






12 comments:

  1. Super blocks. My fave is the '3rd' one down from top, but they are all great. It all reminds me of the Dreamcycles popcycles we ate as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'spoolin around' link took me to a PDF file for another block... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! Great orange fabrics. Makes me wish I had more orange in my stash. You came up with such a nice variety of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four Great Greek Blocks. Good luck starting the spools, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your orange Greek blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing your spools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! An orange and white quilt!!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Are these going in your rainbow quilt, or are these in their own quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh an orange and white quilt - that does sound fab. Your clocks are really pretty. Looking forward to seeing them put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks. An orange and white quilt with those blocks is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your oranges are delicious! These blocks are so yummy! I've yet to tackle my oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your orange blocks. The orange/white quilt is going to be so pretty with all those fabrics. Especially love that cream with the orange in the last block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found you recently as I travel around blogland and Pinterest! Do you happen to recall the name of the fabric on the corners of the last block? I'm on the hunt. . .

    ReplyDelete