New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Concentrating on Orange

Another Scrappy Saturday has arrived, along with a new color:  pumpkin.  Or in my case:  orange.  I have LOTS of orange scraps and yardage leftover from making scrappy orange and blue Bento Box quilts for my nieces.
Yes, the colors orange and blue were chosen because that branch of my family are Florida Gator fans!  The quilt backs are made from Florida Gator fabric.  In fact, I have so much orange and blue fabric left, I could make several more orange and blue Bento Box quilts.  Good thing my alma mater (University of Virginia) has the same colors!

Still not much time for sewing this week, but I did manage to make some nine patch blocks in orange and white.  I like the orange and white combo so much I might just have to make an all orange and white quilt.  Yet another project to add to the list!

I have to run off to the camp to help DH with more cleaning chores.  I'll leave you with a link to Soscrappy's blog so you can see what other orange delights folks are dreaming up this month!