New Orleans House Project

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Grandmother's Choice #1

I didn't want to fall behind from the very beginning of the Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week project, so completing block number one was a high priority for me this week.  Since Hurricane Isaac kept me from my sewing room for several days, knew I needed to make some time for stitching as soon as possible.  I managed to cut and piece block #1 last night after dinner.  I also pressed my fabric and organized a basket dedicated to the project so all the parts and pieces don't get lost in my sewing room.

From what I have seen across Quilting Blogland this week, Grandmother's Choice is already a popular project!  I'm looking forward to seeing all the different interpretations of Barbara Brackman's block choices.  There's even a Grandmother's Choice Flickr group, which anyone may join.  

4 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you're using! They play so well together :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing your other fabrics too.
    And, yes, I'm behind already. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first block and will check out this BOW...love the button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love your color choices. So smart to put it all together... i have not done that with this project but it will be scrappy and pulled from the closet of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete