New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Rainbow Scrappin' into 2019

It's been a great, scrappy Saturday!  I stitched together some blocks, made some plans for the coming year, and did some machine quilting on mini quilts that have languished too long.

Another year of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is underway.  Angela, of SoScrappy, provides the rainbow inspiration and a venue to share our projects with others.  It's a great way to use up scraps, and get to know other scrappy-minded quilters.

My RSC goals for this year involve finishing some projects that were inspired in earlier RSC years.  High on my list of things to complete are the remaining blocks for my Burgoyne Surrounded quilt.  After today, I only need ten more blocks!

Today's Burgoyne Surrounded block, brought to you by the color red - the RSC color for January.

Today's red block and last month's red, Christmas-y block will round out my red BS blocks for now.

Burgoynes playing together.  There will also be nine-patch cornerstone blocks and sashing.  Eventually.

These Sugar Bowl blocks from 2015 were my planning project today.  I've struggled with how I want to use the blocks in a quilt, but I think I've found my solution.  My plan requires 16 more Sugar Bowl blocks and some type of pieced or appliquéd center.  More to follow.

Lastly, as I've been digging around and organizing piles of stuff in my sewing room, I've come across all number of small, unfinished quilt tops.  These babies are from 2013, and were inspired by an RSC color of the month.  The scraps are from my yummy Chocolate Quilt.  These tops were already layered with backing and batting, so all I had to do was quilt them.  I finished the pink one earlier in the week and quilted the red one today.  Now I just have to stitch the binding down and I'll have two more UFOs I can scratch off the list!

For more scrappy inspiration, check out the link-up at Angela's blog.  Enjoy your stitching - especially this coming week - I think we're all going to need some fabric therapy!