New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Blue Burgoyne and Boo-Boos

One of today's projects was to stitch up a light blue Burgoyne Surrounded block to wrap up this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge goals.  I had cut the pieces back at the beginning of the month, but got side-tracked by other projects.
I didn't realize the error of my ways until I looked at the picture just now.  The bottom right 9-patch block is upside down.  Time for the seam ripper!

Since the design wall was empty, I decided to pin up the other Burgoyne blocks so I could admire them.  More errors!  I always think I'm being so careful when I stitch these blocks together, but apparently I'm not careful enough!  Check out the beige block, the yellow/brown block, and the orange block.  I only need to make 16 more blocks - I hope I don't keep repeating this mistake!

I hope the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge participants didn't need their seam ripper this week!