I wanted to do another selvage project and used up most of my purple selvages on an experiment that didn't quite work out. I salvaged the last of the selvages for these Rail Fence blocks. I'll keep making these in the RSC colors through the year and see how many I have at the end.
I really hadn't planned to start this project, but somehow I found myself making pinwheel blocks and I couldn't stop. These finish at 3 inches. I have a definite plan in mind for them, and will use the RSC as an opportunity to make more blocks as the year goes on.
After all that scrap cutting, I had quite a batch of purple 2 inch squares, so I threw them in a basket and began pairing them up as 4 patch block components. Not sure where that will lead, but at least I have a good supply of leader-enders.
When I give quilts as gifts, I usually like to make a pillowcase for the recipient to store the quilt in. For the recent t-shirt quilt I made, I wanted to try making a large drawstring bag for the quilt instead. I found a pattern online for a lined drawstring bag, and decided to make a practice version using some purple scraps. The bag went together easily and I loved the finished version! I was able to adapt the bag "recipe" for a large version and gave it away with the quilt.
I spent a chunk of time this morning putting the finishing touches on an unfinished RSC project, but I'll save that for Tuesday's link-up. Now it's time for tea and some time perusing other RSC projects at today's link-up.