New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Luck o' the Teal

More scrappy teal adventures occurred this week!
Many of my "teal" scraps are more of a turquoise green.  I decided it would be fun to add a scrappy Rainbow Sampler block in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  Just a wee bit ' Googlin' found me the Lucky Clover block.  Best of all, instructions were provided for a 6" size!  I didn't make the block exactly as directed, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome!

Angela provided instructions for a Rainbow Sampler block she called "Searching".  I hmmm'd over mixing the green and blue teal scraps together and finally decided to just do it.  It was a fun exercise!  I might try making another one of these using different fabric combos, although I hear from other bloggers it can be an addicting process!

Another Rainbow Sampler block - Bowtie.  This block seemed HUGE after making hundreds of 3" bowties for Bonnie Hunter's leader-ender challenge!

Angela also had us create another Anvil block for the Rainbow Sampler (I have a blue Anvil from January's sampler blocks).  I loved this one because it gave me another opportunity to use those green turquoise scraps.

These teal-themed fat quarters have been marinating in the stash for several years.  I've been hesitant to break up the group and use the fabrics piecemeal, but the right project for the entire group has not presented itself, either.  I was inspired to pull the fabrics out this month and contemplate them anew.  At first I thought I'd use some of them to make notebook covers.  But last night I pulled out Kaffe Fassett's Glorious Patchwork and was reminded I've always wanted to make a Leafy Rosy or Salad Days quilt.  I think this group might work great for a small version of either of those.  

The weather forecast is not promising for most of the weekend, so I guess that means quilting time!  But before I start cutting and stitching, I'm heading over to Angela's blog for some more Rainbow Scrap inspiration.