New Orleans House Project

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Grandmother's Choice #1

I didn't want to fall behind from the very beginning of the Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week project, so completing block number one was a high priority for me this week.  Since Hurricane Isaac kept me from my sewing room for several days, knew I needed to make some time for stitching as soon as possible.  I managed to cut and piece block #1 last night after dinner.  I also pressed my fabric and organized a basket dedicated to the project so all the parts and pieces don't get lost in my sewing room.

From what I have seen across Quilting Blogland this week, Grandmother's Choice is already a popular project!  I'm looking forward to seeing all the different interpretations of Barbara Brackman's block choices.  There's even a Grandmother's Choice Flickr group, which anyone may join.