New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Windblown Yellow

I did a lot of yellow scrappy prep work this week.  Lots of parts an pieces were cut, although not all were sewn.  Amazingly, I made a huge dent in my yellow scraps! 

The first blocks I assembled were Windblown Wishes from Diane Knott's Scrap Quilt Secrets.  Every time I make these blocks, I want to jump ahead and make all the other RSC colors just to see how they all turn out!  

I didn't have room to put all the Windblown blocks on the design wall today, but here's a sample of how the RSC blocks look so far.  Diane's quilt has sashing with cornerstones, which creates a secondary 9-patch between the blocks.  I will definitely be setting my blocks that way!

That's all the yellow scraps I have stitched to date.  There are still pinwheel blocks, 4 patches and Happy Scrappy House borders.  Maybe even a Burgoyne Surrounded block.  If you're a fan of scrap quilts, check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up for this week!


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks--love the "postage stamp" look of these with the 1/2 square triangle additions...very nice hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Windblown Wishes blocks are so pretty! I love seeing the pretty rainbow of them together on your dsign wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many wonderful blocks being made for RSC. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great book, isn't it? I love your WW blocks, but then I love all your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice looking blocks. They all look good together

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful blocks! I love how they all look together. A beautiful array of colours so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scrap eater project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy YELLOW blocks!! The colorful family of RSC blocks is looking good, but I'm hoping you won't skip ahead. Quilting along with everyone else makes the project more fun. Go tackle a UFO instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those scrappy blocks are so fun together. A delightful rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cheery yellow blocks, glad to hear you are putting a dent in your yellow scraps, sometime all I think they do is multiply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since yellow is my favorite color, I would have to say these are my favorite so far. Of course I like purple, orange, red, blue .... I just love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would it be inappropriate for me to gush about how much fun these are in rainbow colors? I am so surprised at how different they are from the original and I'm pretty sure I like them better. ;)

    ReplyDelete