New Orleans House Project

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Flamingo Hexie Progress

On my recent trip to Florida, I procured some new flamingo fabrics for my collection.  Some of these will get used for flamingo hexies, the rest will wait for other inspiration to strike.  I have to give a shout out for one of my favorite fabric stores, A & E Pharmacy in Pensacola, Florida.  Yes, it's a real pharmacy, with a ginormous fabric store attached!  If ever a trip takes you to the general vicinity, it's worth the drive to check out the shop (hint:  it's not too far off I-10).  

I've made a little progress on my flamingo hexie project.  I'm really enjoying all the fabric play and fussy-cutting!

Fussy cutting might be my new fabric addiction.  I use templates cut from card stock to help me figure out which designs I want to feature in fussy-cut pieces.  I should probably re-cut these in template plastic, so they hold up longer.

Cathy was inspired to start her second hexie quilt:  All Creatures Great and Small.  She has lots of great fussy-cutting! 



8 comments:

  1. Loving your fantastic flamingos;))) cute cute hexagons...nice fabrics hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought there were so many flamingo fabrics available! Those hexies are going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! (btw...fussy cutting is not my new addiction...YET...I'm terrible at it so guess I need more practice).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wee - I just love your Flamingo fabrics and fresh colors! Did you start this with my kit? I'd love to link this post if that's okay. What a fun fun hexie project

    ReplyDelete
  5. A woma of so many talents!! These are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just gets better and better. This one is going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these hexies and flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love the flamingos. I have some flamingo fabric but there aren't any hexies in my future...they intimidate me LOL.

    ReplyDelete