New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Clean Up with Yellow

For this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge stitching, I dug into the last of the yellow scraps and made some small building blocks.

It only takes 2 inch strips and an Easy Angle ruler to make scrappy pinwheel blocks.  I have a design in mind for these, but I'm waiting for all the RSC colors to finish up before I start assembling anything.

The last of the yellow 2 inch strips and pieces got assembled into 4-patch blocks.  No specific plans for these, but I'm sure inspiration will strike at some point.

I also tried my hand at making two more Burgoyne Surrounded blocks.  
The yellows don't balance out too well in this block, but I think it will be OK when combined with more blocks in a quilt.

I think this one balanced out a little better.  I was inspired by Cathy's Burgoyne blocks; Cathy was inspired by the pattern here.  If you are intrigued by this block, I encourage you to give it a try.  Choosing the fabrics is fun and the cutting and piecing are not difficult - not quick, but not difficult!

I've enjoyed all the yellow fabric play this month, but my yellow scrap bins are pretty empty and I'm ready for a new color.  To see more yellow scrappiness, check out the weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up.