New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Old-Fashioned Pink Stars

This week's Rainbow Scrap project was to make a Scrap Jar Star using reproduction-style pink fabrics.  I ran out of the original background fabric for these stars, so this block has a replacement fabric. 

That makes 3 repro pink Scrap Jar Stars.  My plan for this SJS quilt is 25 blocks.  I've got 23 blocks - I just need one more gold block and one more red block.  Maybe I should just go ahead and make them without waiting for the RSC color month.  Then I might get the quilt top assembled before the end of the year!

It's Rainbow Scrap Saturday, so check out more scrappy pink inspiration over at Angela's Soscrappy blog.


18 comments:

  1. Beauteous pink starshiners!! These are so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous in the pinks! I need to get busy on my stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your scrap jar stars. And it does seem like a shame to wait when you're so close... 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see getting impatient to put the quilt together. Especially when you are SEW close!! Surely, you have some UFOs that you could make some progress on until your colors come up as the RSC Color of the Month. Whatever you choose, the quilt is going to be FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty blocks. I have to say that if I felt the momentum for finishing a quilt I would jump all over that. Who knows where it will be later? But, um, that might be just me with the finishing issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Those pink blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go ahead and finish it. Who knows if you might be rushed when the time comes. It will be lovely in the repros.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finish those two blocks, then, you'll have an excuse to start new blocks, when those colors come around. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stars and these pinks you chose !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right there with you. I need two more colors for the Bento Box project I'm working on. SO very tempted to plunge in and finish it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pinks are so beautiful Angie! I'd go ahead and make those blocks if you have the opportunity - get that finish in by the end of the year - woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the softness of your pink stars. I'm In agreement, if you have the time just keep making stars. It's hard to perpetuate a long term project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the range of pinks even though they all speak softly. Oh, and whenever I get the urge to FINISH a quilt, I lay down until the feeling passes, and then I go start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pink scrap jar stars!

    ReplyDelete