New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 16, 2016

More Scrappy Stars...with a Finish in Sight!

There was plenty of scrappy stitching this week, but the color pink (the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for July) was only a minor player.
I keep making these 4" Sawtooth Stars in each month's RSC color.  These scraps came from the 2 1/2" scrap bin, and once I have the pieces cut, I sew them as Leader-Enders.  I've almost completed a full cycle of colors, so these may be the next project to get turned into a quilt.

As I mentioned with last week's Scrap Jar Star block, I was feeling inclined to get the piecing finished on this particular quilt.

So I dug through my repro scraps and came up with parts and pieces to make red and gold SJS blocks.  
The completed blocks are now pinned on the design wall, although this is not the final configuration.  I've already cut a stack of scrappy cornerstones, so once I cut the sashing I'll be able to assemble all the blocks.  If I can keep from being distracted by other projects, I might even finish the flimsy by the end of July! 

Since I didn't do much scrappy pink stitching this week, I'll be getting my pink fix by checking out the other RSC projects in this week's linky party.
 


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Scrappy Jar Stars! I will be putting this on my bucket list of quilts to make. They look so awesome on your design wall. Also like your Sawtooth Stars. I can see how they would make perfect leader/enders. Stay cool!
    Cookie in Mandeville

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got gorgeous stars at your house! I'm looking forward to seeing those Scrapjars all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that palette is awesome. It doesn't even look rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scrap jar stars are awesome. I guess the white lightens and brightens the whole thing. What a great project for the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your star blocks are great - what a fun quilt and yay you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing both your Sawtooth Stars and your Scrap Jar Stars! The layout of your stars in the design wall is fun to see! It's time for me to make my Scrap Jar Stars this week. i think I'll make a pink and a red one for my two for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Angie!!! I'm loving this scrappy quilt - so vibrant and colorful - can't wait to see it all assembled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrap jar blocks are beautiful. You are doing a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your scrappy projects are coming together. Your Scrap Jar Star is fantastic. It will be a great feeling to have that one done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love star blocks. Yours are beautiful. Maybe one day I will make scrap jar blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, Love, love your SJS Quilt!!! Your Sawtooth Stars in PINK turned out well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look wonderful all pinned up on your wall... and will look even better as a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stars are awesome and the sashing and cornerstones will be so perfect! Can't wait to see it all sewn together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, the blocks are so great! I can't wait to see the flimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Your SJS quilt is to die for!!! Just wait - everyone will be rushing to do one of their own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blocks! The Star Jar blocks looks fantastic in the Design wall

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooonoooo you're making me want to do these stars too! And that flamingo fabric a couple posts back is awesome, haven't seen that one. We could compare flamingo stashes some time. We could do a flamingo challenge.
    I did a series of art quilts with flamingos as the focus for a Houston exhibit once too.
    Yep, what's not to love? Pink and curvy. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete