New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 16, 2016

More Scrappy Stars...with a Finish in Sight!

There was plenty of scrappy stitching this week, but the color pink (the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for July) was only a minor player.
I keep making these 4" Sawtooth Stars in each month's RSC color.  These scraps came from the 2 1/2" scrap bin, and once I have the pieces cut, I sew them as Leader-Enders.  I've almost completed a full cycle of colors, so these may be the next project to get turned into a quilt.

As I mentioned with last week's Scrap Jar Star block, I was feeling inclined to get the piecing finished on this particular quilt.

So I dug through my repro scraps and came up with parts and pieces to make red and gold SJS blocks.  
The completed blocks are now pinned on the design wall, although this is not the final configuration.  I've already cut a stack of scrappy cornerstones, so once I cut the sashing I'll be able to assemble all the blocks.  If I can keep from being distracted by other projects, I might even finish the flimsy by the end of July! 

Since I didn't do much scrappy pink stitching this week, I'll be getting my pink fix by checking out the other RSC projects in this week's linky party.