New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Don't Blink - It's a Quick Fix of Pink!

It's a new month and a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge: pink (with a dash of lime for those so inclined).  I had all my pink and white scraps ready to go, so I had the white blocks with pink centers stitched up in no time.  I added them to last year's RSC pink 9 patches and did a happy dance!  This project is almost finished - only two more colors needed to round out all the white blocks I have in mind for the quilt.  I'm even thinking I might have enough blocks for two quilts!

When Angela announced the colors for this month's RSC, I was reminded of some fabrics that have been marinating in the stash.  I don't know if I will actually begin a project with any of these fabrics this month, but they are definitely fun to think about!
This batch of fat quarters is from a quilt shop hop several years ago.  I love the colors, but I'm not overwhelmed with ideas just yet.

I think I've mentioned before - I love flamingos and have a nice collection of flamingo fabrics.  This is a relatively new acquisition, and I've been admiring it for the past several weeks.  Lime and pink seem natural for a flamingo colorway, yet it's kind of unusual - most flamingo fabrics tend toward pink, blue and aqua.  
Check out the flamingos on the selvege.  I might have to get more yardage just for the selvege! 

There's more pink (and maybe some lime) scrappy inspiration at Angela's blog today.  Maybe I'll get some ideas for using my pink and lime fabrics!
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that was quick! So many happy pink and lime inspirations. With such fun fabrics, something lovely is sure to come about this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love your blocks, as always. And I`m doing those similar blocks in a 16-patch version. Also coincidentally, I love flamingoes. I recently purchased a couple yards of flamingo print in blue and peach (with green and yellow foliage). I know that my sewing granddaughter is going to snag it, though, next time she’s over. Congrats on a good start to July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fat quarter bundle! The watermelon fabric itself is so perfect for this month. I actually just bought some watermelon fabric for fun, but it has a black background and I really like yours with the white bavkground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would be tempted to use the FQs to make string blocks (with watermelon center strings) and the very fun flamingos for backing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fast and the nine pink and white blocks look great together. Beautiful fabrics I'd loved the one with the flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are off and running this month already! Love those 2 blocks together! And that flamingo fabric is AWESOME!! I think I would just have to stare at that one for a couple of years before I could cut into it!! Have a great week and Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those blocks. which 2 colors are you waiting on? Hope they come up soon. Maybe some paper pieced flamingo's in hot pink with nice lime green frames?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That watermelon FQ pack looks like TONS of fun waiting to happen!! It looks like those flamingos would make the perfect backing fabric for whatever quilt comes of it. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure were fast on the draw with those cute pink blocks. I do hope you use the watermelon fabric, maybe for a mug rug? Same goes for that perfect flamingo fabric. Good luck with those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious flamingo fabric you have there and like everyone else I have to say you were quick off the block with those squares!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink - my favorite! love those fabrics, especially the watermelon and the flamingos! fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable flamingo fabric. Very pretty pink blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That flamingo fabric is great! I love how they put shapes on the selvage a now--so much more fun than just color dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flamingos are a favorite of mine too. And I love the range of pinks you have in your nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way your pinks sparkle, not too many faded out pastels and a generous heap of hot pink! Perfect. And the flamingos are awesome but selvage makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete