New Orleans House Project

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Stars in a Time Warp: Approaching the End

In this week's Stars in a Time Warp post, Barbara Brackman mentioned there were only 3 more weeks left in the star-a-thon.  I will miss the weekly fabric history lessons, but it will be fun to get the final quilt assembled.  For those who haven't been participating in Stars in a Time Warp, you may be intrigued by BB's next stitch-along:  the Morris Hexathon.

I finally got a new SD card for my camera, so I can finish documenting my Stars in a Time Warp blocks.  These are my representatives for Chocolate Blue

Black and gray fabric dyes were not reliable until the end of the end of the 19th century.  

Again, related to improvements in fabric dyes, wine-colored reds - claret reds - became fashionable in the late 19th century. 

Another late 19th century fashion color was cadet blue

Skipping backward in time, sprigged muslins were all the rage in the early 1800s. 

And from the same time period come provincial prints

I'm still debating how I'll put all these blocks together.  I think I'll save it for the dark, dreary weeks of January and February, when all these colors and fabrics will help keep me smiling!