New Orleans House Project

Saturday, November 7, 2015

RSC 15: Stars in Lime & Aqua

It's a new month and a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This month's color is one I always enjoy using:  lime green.  In fact, I've already made about as many lime green blocks as I think I need for my ongoing scrappy projects.  What I do need are aqua-colored blocks, as I avoided those scraps when we focused on green and blue earlier in the year.  I've been digging in both the lime green scraps and the aqua scraps to round out the color wheel for this year's projects.

Four inch Sawtooth Stars are a fun way to use up scraps.  These will get added to my collection of RSC Sawtooth Stars, an ongoing project. 

Maverick Stars (or Liberated Stars) are another great way to use up scraps.  
Added to last year's aqua stars, I think my collection of Mavericks is ready to be assembled into a quilt.  I have some ideas for quilt layouts, so I guess I just need some play time to see what works best.   I see a finished flimsy in the stars!

I agreed to make a t-shirt quilt for a friend, so I'm off to start slicing and dicing t-shirts.  The weather forecast calls for lots of rain today, so it's another great day to stay home and play with fabric.  And when I need a break from the rotary cutter, I'll be checking out Angela's Soscrappy blog to see what the other Rainbow Scrappers are up to!


 


13 comments:

  1. Your aquas are lovely. I did miss having that color this year. It will be sure to have a turn next year though. So many colors and so few months each year! Love the stars playing with layouts will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little mavericks and sawtooths! How many have you got now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stars--especially those liberated ones--wild and free--so cute...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Haven't made 4" saw tooth stars yet. I've made them in 6.5" and 12" but not that small Your starry quilts will be lovely. So many beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stars, and great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm playing with aqua too this month - but have not shown mine yet. Your maverick stars are going to make a wonderful and fun quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aqua, love aqua and lime together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star blocks are my favorite. Yours are very pretty. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT bunch of Maverick Stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sewing is the best way to deal with rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those stars. I somehow missed aqua/turquoise this year. If Angela doesn't chose a color for next month, I may do some in December.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing your aqua and lime together is giving me ideas (I realize they are different blocks...just liking those colors together.) Lime should be called lemongrass because it sits right between lemons and grass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love your maverick stars, such variety and cute quirkiness. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete