New Orleans House Project

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Quilty 365 - Fabric Mojo

I've been keeping up with my Quilty 365 circles on pretty much a daily basis.  So far, I've been keeping it simple - stitching fabric circles without piecing or other embellishment.  Some of my fabric choices reflect current events (Paris, Veteran's Day in the US and the death of New Orleans musical icon Allen Toussaint) and others are personal reflections or memories.

I was somewhat surprised to find this exercise has been a source of powerful fabric therapy.  The act of choosing fabrics from my stash, prepping the circles and hand-stitching them has improved my mood and physical well-being on more than one occasion.  I think this quilt will have some wonderful mojo when it's finished!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful mojo and I love that each block has a real meaning behind it. From the looks of it, you have a pretty stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric choices--i am finding that this "365" is helping me to clear my mind, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! I am planning to join in on January first. It has been a great motivator to finish off my current applique project. Enjoying your progress so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome all the way around!!! This quilt will definitely have a wonderful story to tell!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great circles here! I can't figure out why everyone's fabric is more interesting than mine. lol Love that you're finding a positive side to this project. I have really enjoyed the simplicity of this project.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, I am so happy to hear that you have had such a pleasant experience with these simple little blocks. They make the hear sing don't they? I love the way you have incorporated fabrics that truly mean something about the day. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree that these little circles are full of mojo. Even though I'm not hand stitching mine, I still feel their vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a pattern, similar to that, for over 10 years, from an Aussie quilt mag. One day I'll start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you are having fun with it :) I just started recently too !:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm planning to start at the beginning of the year, if I don't fall in before then...
    I'm really enjoying seeing all the circles!

    ReplyDelete